Pages

Monday, June 1, 2020

Turning 32

For my birthday, the kids got me up early to open gifts. Then I took a nap. It was glorious. We got Ike's sandwiches for lunch, my favorite. Then we went for a hike at Sanborn with Amanda. 
He is the king forever!
The algae pond brought back Walden West memories. 
It was nice to get out again in nature and let the kids be free without anyone around.
Perry found a hideout.
Then John made homemade focaccia and broccoli cheddar soup for dinner.
And I had one of my favorite desserts that we rarely have...brownies with vanilla ice cream and raspberry sorbet.

I had plans with a friend for an overnighter in Santa Cruz, so I was having a pity party about everything being canceled with no reschedule date in sight. I'm still bummed about that, but it did end up being a fun and relaxing day anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like your makeshift birthday turned out great! I think I'll make that brownie ice cream cake for Julie's birthday. Haven't had it for soooo long and it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete