Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Low-Quality Photo Shoot

Scott was being cute (surprise, surprise) and I wanted to take a picture.
 Our camera is fine, but it's a point-and-shoot and not new. It struggles with indoor pictures.
It washes out my subject when I use the flash (above) or is blurry if I don't (below)

I've tried adjusting the aperture and using a tripod, but what it comes down to is I want an SLR. They have bigger lenses and take instant pictures, so you don't get as many like this:
Since we're inside more now in the winter and Scott is mobile, it's getting more frustrating. 
 And I love taking pictures of this little guy.
 Luckily he's really cute regardless of the picture quality
 and has a fun personality to try and capture.
 I know my kid is white, but come on. This is just ridiculous!

We've had 3 family members go with Canon Rebel cameras and are seriously considering getting one. So hopefully our blurry, washed-out picture days are numbered.

3 comments:

  1. Like you said, fortunately Scott is cute no matter what the picture quality. I loved all these pictures--even the washed out ones. I hope you get a new camera for Christmas, and I hope you keep taking lots of pictures of Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so I know it wasn't the point of the post, but I love Scott's pants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sarah! My sister-in-law, Jessica, gave Scott those. They're H&M brand, which make some of the cutest hipster baby clothes.

    ReplyDelete