Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Birthday Plate

Amanda had a birthday party at Petroglyph, a place where you can paint your own pottery and they fire them for you. She made food and water bowls for her cat, Mittens.
Lots of her friends came to celebrate. Some of them are very talented/intimidating.
I wanted to make Scott a birthday plate (like this). Before going out, I was trying to decide what to paint in the center of the plate. John suggested an elephant. I'm not artistic, but it was fun trying.
 This is how it looks after being fired.
I'm sure he'll love it. Especially when I make him use it as a teenager. 

3 comments:

  1. I love that plate, you did a really great job on it! I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plate is really cute! The elephant looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The plate is very cute. I think I want to go to Petroglyphs and make a plate of my own!

    ReplyDelete