Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2020

Jonah Turns Six

Jonah and I made a minion cake for his birthday.
John went back to work after paternity leave on Jonah's birthday, which was horrible timing, but I tried my best to make it a fun day for him.
I got this one up and fed and ready, prepped the food and games and loaded everything in the van.
Amanda met me at the park and helped us set up.
Jonah chose bowling for his party, but they have 6 people max in a lane and he chose 2 friends from school and his cousin Lucas to come. I told him he could have just friends bowling or we could go someplace else with friends and cousins, since we couldn't leave out cousin siblings. He opted to have them all come and go to the park instead. 
It was a hot day and parties always feel hectic to me, but the kids had fun. We had water balloons and he opened presents.
I really tried not to have a pinata, but it was Jonah's only request besides cake. I put goodie bags inside for the kids instead of loose candy, which I think helped.
We decorated minion cupcakes and had snacks and fruit.
Jonah made Bob, his favorite because he has different colored eyes.
The park was hot and Ezekial and Cooper's moms had brought them on their lunch hour, so we wrapped it up and went out to eat. Then the kids watched Lucas play switch for a solid hour at least while Katie and I took pictures of Jane.
She was worn out afterwards.
At age 6, Jonah:
Is 44.5 pounds (43rd percentile) and 44.29 inches (29th percentile).
His favorite food is haystacks
favorite color is blue
favorite song at primary is Follow the Prophet and story is Nephi gets the brass plates
animal is viper snake
He likes to play 5 minute Marvel, hold Jane, play with Legos, read books, dance, and swim.
When he grows up, Jonah wants to be a scientist.
He's excited to start first grade where he can play wallball with Scott at recess.

No comments:

Post a Comment