Pages

Friday, January 3, 2020

Jane's Second Week

Jane did lots of sleeping and eating.
My mom came to get some snuggles.
and she wore a few of my old baby outfits.
But she curled her legs up and looked so weird in this gown.
We went to the ymca so the boys could swim.
They had to take turns in the water because John was only allowed to take two kids at a time and apparently my supervising from the side wasn't good enough, so we played some giant connect4.
We wore John right out.
and Jane.
John getting a toddler back adjustment.
I'm tired, but so happy. I love newborn babies.
Her big baby bum with her legs all curled up.
Jane takes a bottle well, but still struggles to nurse sometimes.
The bottle is so huge compared to her face.
She's outgrown preemie and is wearing newborn clothes.
I put a light blanket on her usually since we usually have the air conditioner and fans running.

I gave the boys an origami kit to entertain them while we were home more than usual. 
John's favorite.
Perry loves to hold Jane and he likes having his picture taken, so double win here.
Her hair is so much darker than her brothers' was.
And there's much more of it.

She has long feet and toes, more like mine than John's hobbit feet.

We're trying to get her to like pacifiers.
Such an angel baby.
Lots of play time at home and snuggle time with Jane.
Some of my friends brought dinner over and met Jane.
Little froggy legs

When she passes out, she's out.
We love seeing her eyes open
Big yawn.
She is so focused sometimes she looks so alert.

Tiny snuggled baby.
Our friends from church gave us this bed that goes in our bed. Since we have a queen, it's a little squishy, but I love being able to keep her close and not worry about her suffocating in our bed. 

As soon as I finish feeding her, she has brothers waiting with open arms.


Perry asked me for something, then gave me this pout face to try and convince me.
My friend Chelsea gave us this light romper and hat set, perfect for a hot day.
Everything is cuter with her in it.
Trying out her crib

And a headband

Her cheeks squish up when she's swaddled
So tiny in her carseat
We took the kids to play arcade games one afternoon. It was probably germ-ridden, but Jane was tucked in the pouch and they had a/c.
The boys discovered skee-ball.
She slept right through it.
John's garden tomatoes make the best caprese. I think I had it every day for a few weeks.
Perry kneeling in his sleep.
A little pink bow to go with her baseball jams.


Jonah can't get enough baby time.

This outfit from my bookclub buddy Jenice was one of my favorites. I unexpectedly loved black on Jane.

Nice. She spits up frequently. Not just after eating, but thankfully not a huge amount each time.

I love her scrunched up self with her big yawny face.
I play lots games and read books with Perry to help him not feel displaced.
Meanwhile, John gets baby duty.
Another day, another adorable outfit.



And a little hug.
Trying to burp her so she doesn't get so gassy and fussy. She is so tiny and sweet.
A rare nap in bed.
Her teensy house capris melt me.


Looking more like a baby and less like a newborn already.
Pondering
Holding their babies

Jane had a really raw diaper rash, but it's getting better. 
Slouching
Entertaining all 4 kids
John's feeling his age with these late nights and frequent wake-ups.
But still enjoying it.
What's not to love?
I had crossed-eyes in so many of my baby pictures, this makes her look like me.
Now back to John.



Adorable even naked. Although, the diaper prints are so cute.



I showered, so tried to take a picture before I got spit up on me again.

I was taking a hot bath, one of my favorite things I miss when I'm pregnant, and Perry stripped down and climbed in with me. Not quite as relaxing, but what a cutie.
Angel baby
The hint of a smile. John swears she smiles at him.
We love her so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment