Pages

Monday, January 20, 2020

Jane's Blessing

John's parents, Grandma Marva, and Aunt Debbie drove up from Arizona for Jane's blessing.
My Aunt Wendy was still out here as well and we had a nice weekend spending time with them.
Jonah loves company, but didn't like sharing Jane.
We went out to eat on Saturday night and Scott tried sushi and loved it.
We also took John's parents to Tin Pot, our favorite local creamery.
Kid scoops get a smiley face.
Debbie getting a turn with the little nugget.

Sunday morning we went to church and I dressed Jane at the last minute since she spits up so much. She was so cute in her onesie and loose tights. 
My friend put a mirror up in the mother's room and I sent her a picture thanking her because it's so helpful when you're nursing.
John gave Jane a beautiful blessing, including that she would be a joy to those around her, which she has already been doing every day, everywhere she goes.
John's sister Katie's family and two uncles, Brian and Mark, and my sister also came to celebrate Jane.

 One extra grandkid snuck in the picture.

 Every brother needed a turn with Jane.



 Sweet little cousins excited to have another girl in the mix of boys.



I tried to take some pictures of Jane in her dress, but she was tired and the room was dark.

 She wore the dress I wore when I was blessed, which Wendy made. I found the same flowers at the craft store and made her a little matching headband.

 The dress was very, very snug on her arms. I was premature and didn't chub up as nicely as Jane.



 And a few more for good measure. Wendy also made the white blanket for her, which she did for the boys as well.


 Sweet little pink moccasins.
 Aaaaand she had enough.
 I snuck a few more after she'd eaten and fallen asleep.


She was an absolute angel.

2 comments:

  1. Jane looks like an angel floating on a cloud! Love the photo with your 4 kids (also looking like angels). BTW, I still have the crochet pattern for the dress if anyone is interested. Only took about 40 hours to make...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane looks equally angelic when she's just relaxing in her underwear!

    ReplyDelete