Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

November I

Scott is really into search-and-find books. He points to the item to find, then the one hidden on the page.
So pleased with himself. He has the Toy Story and Mickey books memorized, so he's really fast now.
 Jonah learned how to blow on his hot food. And yes, he's wearing Scott's tap shoes.
 Now that his molars (teeth #9-12) are in, Jonah's canine teeth are getting swollen (#13-16), so he's been getting more co-sleeping than we'd like.
 While Karen was out of town again we had Alan over for dinner. They built block towers afterward.
 Scott participating in nursery. He loves action songs.

 Jonah trying to get his shoes on his doll's feet.
 Scott pulling Lulu around in the wagon. She's so petite she actually fit pretty well, unlike chubber Jonah bear.
One Saturday, my mom and I went to the mall while John worked at home in peace. She bought Scott a ticket to ride the train. He was in heaven.
 Jonah wasn't big enough to go, so he sat on the coin-op ride instead. It didn't even move and he still liked it. I love when they're easy to please.

This is just kind of funny--At the mall, I bought Scott three long-sleeved shirts for church because he outgrew his ones from last year and only had short-sleeved from the summer. Then my friend gave us a bag of hand-me-downs and she had blue, red plaid and black and white checked ones. I couldn't believe it. I happily returned the ones I had just bought. Yay for generous friends and free clothes!
Scott really wants Jonah to fold his arms. "Like this, Jonah!"
 "Oh, good job!"
We went to an open house in our neighborhood and Scott was getting rambunctious, so I let him play in the pile of leaves out front.
 Scott liked that his pancake filled his whole plate. These boys eat a lot of food. Scott needs the energy to run non-stop for 11-12 hours a day.
 Jonah needs the food to keep his tummy nice and plump. 
 When we went shopping Jonah had a blow out and I only had a shorts for him. My mom was worried he was cold and wanted to get him some pants. Since Jonah has sooo many clothes and Scott outgrew most of his, we picked these jammies for Scott instead. Jonah wore the pants, I washed them both, then gave them to Scott. This was his excited face. He LOVES Dusty.
 And Olaf.
 He didn't want to leave the craft store.
 The Mommy & Me craft was Thanksgiving headbands. 
 Jonah learned how to bowl.
 Scott performed some ballet on stage. Mostly he just stood and watched.
 They both wanted their own whole apple, not sliced. You can see how they eat them--Scott's is pock-marked and Jonah's is half gone already.
 A lot of these pictures are from different days, but Scott wore his Dusty jams almost every night for a few weeks. When he fights getting dressed I tell him he has to go back to bed if he wants to keep them on. Now he says, "jammies are for sleeping" whenever I tell him it's time to go.
 I had to buy some snow clothes for our upcoming trip to Utah. Jonah could barely move.
 I've been having Scott help dry dishes, but he wanted to help scrub this time, too. No harm in that!
 I scrub after he does, but the drying he actually does himself. 
 I love having a helper who's actually helpful!
(note those bright orange pajamas again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment