Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

November II

Scott standing on the "flower" in our front yard.
 He was being silly after church. This is what his hair does when I don't wet and comb it. No wonder he has a Harry Potter hair reputation.
 Scott reading some stories to Jonah. 
 Jonah will ask for books all day and night.
 We bought Scott a bed! It's a neat day bed that pulls out into a king-sized frame for company. It went on sale at Ikea so we went and "grabbed one" as Scott would say.
 John and I worked on assembling it until late one night. I realize now I should take a picture of it finished. Scott loves it!
We've been bringing one of my sick friends some jamba juice and they pour a little bit of mine into a tiny cup for Scott. One week Jonah was screaming in the car and I asked Scott if Jonah could have some of his juice. He said, "Here you go Jonah! I had a turn, it's your turn!" I love when he shares willingly!
 Amanda's friend gave us their old bookcase. One top and side are pretty beat up, but it's completely reversible, so we put those sides down and against the wall and voila good as new.
 Jonah likes to pull our books down for some light reading. He loves sitting in the carseat in the living room, just not the car.
 I watched Lauren's kids when she had to go back to work before Christmas. Scott and Lou thought everything Lincoln did was hilarious.
 Another day at the park.
 Jonah likes to line up the Star Wars characters. Scott likes to knock them down.
 Both reading quietly and happily. I soak up the peacefulness for as long as it lasts.
 Jonah finagled Amanda into reading to him. Again.
 Looking so grown up at church. He's almost ready to transition to nursery and then we won't have these lovely bonding sessions outside during sunday school.
 Sweeping the carpet.
 Scott fell and scratched his palm pretty badly. He held his hand up out of commission for days and told everyone his hand was broken and he needed a Lightning McQueen bandaid.
 While playing in Anna's backyard, Jonah fetched a ball from the bin by climbing fully inside.
 Jonah helped me buy Scott a scooter on black Friday for his birthday. I didn't want to go earlier, so I was glad they had lots left.
 Jonah still gets pouched when he's especially crabby. I love his curls sticking out on either side of his head.
 While John was home for Thanksgiving, we took him to Happy Hollow.
 He liked seeing the animals that were out. Lots of them were inside because it was raining earlier that day.
 Jonah's getting the cooking bug.
After taking our Christmas card pictures at the park, Amanda took some of the boys in front of the tree
I had to wrangle Scott to get in one, but it ended up looking cute with his tickle smile.
 Scott's insessant reminders for Jonah to fold his arms for prayer are starting to work.
Now if he'd stop telling us when Jonah unfolds them during the middle of the prayer we'd be in good shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment