Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2020

Valentine's Day

We drove to school in the morning to bring a bunch of things for class parties and I completely forgot and walked home out of habit. Perry was walking around the driveway asking where is the van? 
"Mommy look! Now we cannot drive! Daddy has to come home so we can go in the Tesla." 
The pacing and arm pointing and concerned face was cracking me up. 
I actually realized before we got home, but figured I'd just walk over when it was time to volunteer at the parties. I had to drop the kids off with a friend, though.
And Jane went down for a nap, so I asked if my friend would mind coming over to our house and she was free, so it was fine.
Except of course I get done with the party and go to drive home only to realize I didn't bring the van key. Naturally. I had a lot going on at once and it makes me so spacey. I walked home, again, and walked back with the kids for pickup after school then we all drove home.
And that's my fun Valentine's day story of how I accomplished nothing all day except several thousand steps on my fitbit.
John and I have a tradition of getting crab legs for dinner instead of going out and the boys were happy to continue that with us. It was a pretty normal day otherwise, but Jane was a little Valentine's Day cutie.

No comments:

Post a Comment