Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

SVU Graduation

We drove down to Buena Vista, Virginia to see the graduates walk.
Elizabeth (Jessica's sister)
Her husband, Tyler.
Ricky. Or Frederick William Messmann as they called him.
I love President Smith
Jessica. Or 4 as I call her.
I am so proud of Jessica. Not only did she graduate at age 20, she somehow got Ricky on stage with her. And that is an accomplishment. I saw his study habits before he was married.
Rick looking at Jessica coming down
The choir sang "Shenandoah"
In the audience
The fam: me, Julie, Rick, Jess, Amanda, Wendy
The Messmanns
Loving on Elanor, Elizabeth and Tyler's little baby
Tyler, Rick, Jessica, Elisabeth, Elanor
It was fun showing John around my campus and seeing some of my school friends. We saw Tricia and Kyle the night before and then I met up with my BOFF Summer!
We went back to Rick and Jessica's apartment for them to open presents.
My aunts gave Ricky a Lincecum jersey from the world series and we picked up some dress clothes for Jessica to use on upcoming interviews and whatnot.
After lunch at Don Tequila's we went up the Blue Ridge Parkway to the lookout. Me with my brother and sister.
John, naturally, wanted to go exploring.
Being in Buena Vista brought back so many happy memories and it was fun sharing them with John.
Now we just need to convince Ricky and Jessica to move to California!

3 comments:

  1. You convinced us to move to California, just work your powers on them and I'm sure they will be converted before long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graduations are a lot of fun. Not in the sense of 'Wahoo, I can't wait to do this again soon', but more like "Wow! Isn't it amazing that people I care about have done great things!' I'm glad you and John were able to be there to share in your brother and sister-in-law's moment of achievement. I'm also glad you got to show John your campus.
    PS What is a Lincecum jersey?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Graduations!! Someday Christian will Graduate and we can all celebrate again.

    ReplyDelete