Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Monticello

One of the places I didn't see before I left school was Thomas Jefferson's home, so my aunts took us on our way down to SVU.
John envied the garden.
The lookout is amazing. Monticello is the last mountain before the Atlantic Ocean, and the land looks like waves from far away.
John and Amanda mimicking the twisty tree.
My excitement was building as we started our house tour!
On the way out we stopped at Jefferson's grave.
He really was an amazing man.
The walk back to the car was delightful.
Wendy, Julie, me and Amanda.

3 comments:

  1. That really is a nice looking garden. I can almost smell the green trees and lawns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to Monticello once. It's a really beautiful place. I remember there being this cool clock/calendar thing that Jefferson invented when you first come in the front door of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have fond memories of visiting Monticello. Nice pictures, and may I say that you really do appear to be excited about the house tour!

    ReplyDelete