Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter in York

My Aunt Julie flew us back to visit for Easter and SVU graduation. For Easter we had crab cakes and John grilled steak filets to perfection. Such an improvement over last year's dinner.
The rest of the week John put himself right to work. It was nice to mow actual lawn instead of just weeds.
He swapped out this dim kitchen light
so now they can do brain surgery.
Grandma and I both celebrated our birthdays while we were visiting. This explosive cake nearly cost Julie her eyebrows.
Sophie helping me take a picture in my new Easter dress.
Here's a much better shot of her. She prefers to be on her own feet.
This is pretty much what the rest of us do at my grandparents' house. Sit around. John and I both finished the books we brought and caught up on our MASH and Leave it to Beaver reruns.
My sister loves dogs. All of them.
Playing with Roxy was heaven for her, even with all the licking.
It was a nice, relaxing trip. We talked, slept, and ate to our hearts' content.

4 comments:

  1. It looks so sunny and warm there! Why is it warm everywhere else in the country except here?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Easter dress. John is so handy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wheres the picture of Julie and the exciting candle? hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everybody needs a nice relaxing vacation now and then. I'm glad you guys had such a good time. Your Easter dress is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete