Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Celebrations

John decided birthday presents need a tree just as much as Christmas ones do. Luckily my cupcake tree (seen here in his Easter outfit) was available.
Then he made me a giant pb&j sandwich.
Just kidding. He covered his creation in marzipan and we had a princess cake! It was actually well made and extremely delicious. "Always the tone of surprise" I know. No faith.
Twenty-three. And I'm in my jams because it wasn't finished until after 10. But John was determined to finish it that day because a birthday isn't complete without cake.
Then we celebrated the Sharks' first playoff game at Mark's house. Which they won in overtime. Go Sharks! I tried a chicken savory squares recipe my coworker Don told me about. Amazing. And easy. Double win in my book.
Lastly, our housemate Josh had a birthday, so we tried making Boston Creme Pie for him since it's his favorite.
Okay really I made it. I just wanted people to assume it was unattractive because John had a hand in it. But I am to blame. Luckily it tasted better than it looked.

4 comments:

  1. All that food looks delish. I want the recipe of the easy and good bread things. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You birthday cake looks yummy. Boston cream pie is one of my favorites so I think it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chicken squares? http://www.food.com/recipe/savory-crescent-chicken-squares-12572 We used some garlic powder for flavor instead of onion, olives, or croutons. They're very forgiving and flexible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well my goodness. Chicken savory squares, princess cake, Boston Cream Pie. I feel like I've been missing out on all the deliciousness. It's just as well, I suppose. Somehow I've gained about 5 pounds in the last couple of months.

    ReplyDelete