Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Little Green Holiday

We celebrated our small amount of Irish heritage with corned beef and cabbage. I'd never had it before, but John was insistent that it was delicious. We had Mark over to enjoy the feast.
Sweet little Bubba joined in the celebrations.
He looks slightly demented here. Perhaps the hat was cutting off his oxygen supply.
It was all worth it when John rubbed his belly. There was no shortage of belly to rub, either.
I think he's looking out the back door longingly. Such a good sport.
We also used our ice cream maker again, but this time added some mint extract and grated chocolate...and green food coloring, of course.
I only put a 1/2 teaspoon of mint, but it was still a little strong, so I milked mine down in the blender. Such a tasty holiday!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for St. Patrick's Day dinner! I hope you enjoyed the corned beef. I like the homemade mint chocolate ice cream for dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our family loves St. Patrick's Day and other people always think it's so weird that we even celebrate it. I'm glad you enjoyed your first of many Crapo/Blank style St. Patty's day celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The green mint ice cream was a nice touch and Bubba looks great in his hat. I love our St. Patrick's Day traditions!

    ReplyDelete