Pages

Monday, February 22, 2021

Camping at Uvas

When we realized our holidays would be spent at home this year, we booked an overnight at Uvas Canyon, the boys' favorite hiking place.
Jane and I drove up separately to help set up camp and go for a quick hike.
Actually, John drove all the kids in the van and I drove alone in the car in blissful silence.
It really is a fun place, even in the cold.
Jane and I had a quiet dinner together, and some milk and pirate's booty
real popcorn and a steamer for me.
The boys got s'mores.
We had a less smoky, but cozy time.
And slept in our warm, comfortable beds. Mostly mine.
John sent some pictures when he had cell reception.
They got up early and had breakfast while Jane and I slept in.
Then they packed up
and went for another hike
while Jane and I cleaned the house. The roomba created this crazy hair bulb. I lost maybe 1/4 of my hair around September, and the poor vacuum found most of it.
It was really nice to get all the rooms tidied and floors cleaned and have them stay that way for a few minutes before the boys got back. I'm hoping we can do this arrangement again this summer, because it worked out perfectly for all of us. Except maybe John's back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment