Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

November II

I've considered buying a wake up clock since Scott was 1 or 2, but they were pricey and I didn't feel confident that it'd work. Then I saw one at Target for half price and decided to try it for Jonah. After a few days of training, it's been working like a charm. In the morning the boys stay in bed until the light comes on then they excitedly run into our room to snuggle. Jonah is not a great snuggler.
The little girl I was watching loves being in charge. She told Scott let's play tent. Scott said, okay I'll be the tent. She replied, okay go make yourself. Then she helped Jonah make himself into a tent. I love their imagination and silliness.
Happy Jonah with his books.
Helping the baby walk.
Pulling him up when he wants to crawl instead.
Scott dressed himself head to toe and is ready for the park.
Scott played in the backyard while I made dinner. I went to call him in and it was dark out. He didn't seem to notice or mind because we have a light back there and he didn't bother turning it on.
Any time we need to get down, we have to get our Buzz Lightyear wings out first.
Reading during morning snuggle.
Jonah has been going in his bed for naps willingly because he likes to read. I checked on him and found him sleeping with a book over his head.
Scott enjoying the Sunday comics just like me.
Jonah fell asleep on the way home from church and John stayed late to fill in for the financial clerk, so Scott and I had the afternoon to ourselves. We made Christmas lights for the window that Scott thinks are cool spaceships.
Jonah finishing the bowl Crapo style--licking every last drop. It's even funnier when you know what's in it--olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Jonah helping his Star Wars friends walk down the hall.
Scott wasn't feeling great and we watched a show together while Jonah napped. We both fell asleep. I got up when Jonah did, but Scott stayed crashed in the recliner all afternoon.
Scott showing Cash his "very cute and beautiful" book.
Three boys in their fort under the slide.
On Thanksgiving, we went for a walk and it was really cold (for us). Jonah wanted his hood up and hands in pockets.
Playing with cousins after Thanksgiving dinner.
We walked around Karen and Alan's neighborhood and found lots of leaves.
It was nice splitting the dinner with John's parents this year because we had less to cook and the oven situation was easier. I bought a turkey, but Alan cooked it, so I could use our oven for rolls. Rolls are my favorite part of holiday meals. 
The rest of the family seems to favor pies. We made two and I'm not sure how many Karen and Alan made, but there were a lot. (This is just one of each type). We each made some veggies and voila done. My parents and sister joined us for dinner and then we went to the movies.
The day after Thanksgiving, John put up our Christmas lights.
We put up our Christmas decorations inside, too. Scott did a puzzle on Sunday by the stockings.
Jonah likes the marching band. We're retiring it this year after probably two decades, which I have mixed feelings about.
We enjoyed a few more weeks of babysitting before our friends move. A neighbor handed down this little tractor and thankfully Jonah likes it, so they each had a vehicle to play in.
Jonah's been into scooting toys around and especially loves playing with Scott's when he's not around or is distracted.
The sibling tormenting has already begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment