Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2016

December II

Before Christmas we had a mini bake-fest. Mostly I cleaned the kitchen and shopped then my mom made all the cookies. 
John's request was spritz, which the boys decorated with sprinkles.
I made toffee for a cookie swap and neighbors and I think that's it. So I'm glad my mom helped the boys do something festive.
Enjoying the last play date with Cash before their move.
One night our friends invited us to the Cal Academy of Sciences as their guests to a members Christmas party.
John hadn't been, so we showed him around the exhibits that were open.
There was apple juice, reindeer and carolers making the whole place more festive. John left work a little early, but it was still a late night because of traffic getting there. After a few hours we called it good.
Once we saw the albino alligator John went to get the car and not a minute too soon. Scott laid down on the floor while we waited and said he was too tired to walk, which is abnormal for his energetic self.
Another night that week Britta took me to see the Nutcracker. Well, I technically took her because I have a car, but the tickets were her Christmas gift. It was great to have a girl's night out.
I borrowed a snap circuit kit and Scott and John tried it out one afternoon.
Jonah brushing Scott's hair with a dinglehopper.
Putting their sticker ornaments on the tree cards Wendy sent. 
Watching the penquins movie my aunt sent. All 3 kids were entranced.
One of my favorite holiday traditions is Christmas Eve dinner and singalong at the Blanks'. Scott moved the little rocking chair to the middle of the commotion and joined right in. The boys loved the singing, especially the bells, and stayed up late to party with us.
My dad got us all tickets to a Sharks game and we went together after Christmas.
It was Scott's first live hockey game and he loved it. He got a little overwhelmed by (John's) cheering at one point near the end, but it was long past his bedtime, so I wasn't too surprised.
Baby Cedric managed to stay awake, but Scott crashed on my lap near the end. 
We lost, but had a fun night out together. Jonah had fun watching a movie and eating snacks with my mom at home, so he didn't miss out, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment