Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Grandma Blank's House

Most of our family hadn't met Jonah yet, which was the main reason we went to Utah, so we spent a lot of time visiting with them. Jonah met Julie and Bret's families, Nate and everyone at Grandma's for a total of 17 new relatives.
Jonah and Stephanie watched Karen get creamed by Greg. Sometimes Jonah wouldn't stop fussing, but Steph would walk in the room and he calmed down, enchanted. 
They redid the whole living room before we came--paint, curtains, a new couch and rug. It looked really nice.
Before we left I tasked Joseph with getting pictures of everyone. The boys were not happy about their play being interrupted for a picture with Great Grandma Blank.
Jonah relaxed and snuggled with her for a while.
Sam
Grandma and Olivia. Terri always had a snack on hand for the little kids. She was bribing to be the favorite.
Russ, the chef.
Silly Stori loved baby Jonah and kept Scott well-entertained.
Terri was going through a rough health patch, but she was still cheerful and a great hostess and baby caregiver.
She got Jack off his ipad, no mere feat.
Debra was so helpful with Jonah early in the morning so I could sleep later with Scott.
It was nice having a house full of helpers. I just passed Jonah to Adam and he sat and fed him. I wish I could have brought a few of the teenagers home with me.
And Miss Olivia enjoying her cheez-its. She loved playing at Grandma's with all the cousins and attention.
It was a long drive there and back and a hard rest of the week without John, but being able to spend time with family made it all worth while. Although next time I vote they come to us!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures. Ummm, for the record, I gave Greg a run for his money. I thought it best to let him win since he pouted about it so badly when I beat him last time around. All in all, I thought we had a great trip to Utah!

    ReplyDelete