Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Padre's Day

We had our dads over for dinner tonight. John tried out a potato pesto soup from his new recipe book. And we had little pecan shortbread cups that are heavenly. I think Katie requested the recipe from Alan so stay tuned.
We gave Alan a basil plant and my dad curtains for his new condo. And Planters. I don't know what it is about dads but they love nuts.
Then John trained for future father's days with a couch nap.
Followed by a 2 1/2 hour meeting with our new Elders. Fun times.

3 comments:

  1. Mmm, that's a delicious sounding soup. I'm sure that basil plant will get a lot of good use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great Father's day. the Basil plant is doing well. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As we have probably mentioned a billion times before, John arrived just in time to make Alan a father for Father's Day in 1978. I'm glad you guys took good care of Alan this year for Father's Day since I deserted him to go on an adventure. The food sounds like it was amazing and I don't mind at all that I get to enjoy Alan's present right along with him. Yay for basil!

    ReplyDelete