Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

John Turns 33

John's day started with the smell of orange rolls baking. He went to church, then came home to open gifts. My Aunt Wendy sent John cookie mixes for his birthday.
and new cookie sheets! Hooray!
Britta, Nathan, Ricky and Jessica were all there to celebrate.
I replaced his Nalgene bottle I left in Utah. This one has a small top, so I don't spill down myself every time I drink from it.
I also gave him a pasta cookbook and marked the recipes I think he should try. Such a sweet wife, I know.
The gift he was most stoked about, however, was a dental pick. His goal is to have the dentist say there's nothing to clean and send him home at his next check-up. Such a weird kid.
Then we had dinner at his parents' house with Mark and Brian's family. And carrot cake!
It would have been a perfect day if not for his being set apart as the new Ward Mission Leader. He's a little nervous about this new calling, but he's another year older and wiser now so I'm sure he'll take it in stride.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday John!! Good choice on the narrow opening on the Nalgene. I went one step further and got the sippy cup top. This is much more mature for 33. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. John has a dental pick? I am sooooo jealous!! (Just kidding)
    With those new cookie sheets, I'm surprised I don't find plates of cookies sitting on my doorstep more often...
    Happy 33rd birthday, and I'm sure you'll do a great job with your Ward Mission Leader calling--even though I don't envy you that job one bit!

    ReplyDelete