Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2021

Twin Lakes Beach

Another asynchronous Wednesday, I took the kids to the beach. 

It was a rough start. Jonah was doing schoolwork in the backseat and got carsick on the drive. I was tempted to turn back because it was really bad. But I pulled over and used a whole pack of wipes and we plowed on. 
Then Jane didn't like walking in the sand and wanted me to carry her the whole way.
But it was an overcast day, which I love.
The fresh air cleared up any lingering queasiness for Jonah.
And the kids got right to work playing in the sand.
We had a picnic lunch and I thought we'd head back, but the sun came out a little more and the boys wanted to stay longer.
Three working on the sand project and one in the water--pretty typical.
Finding crabs.
Reinforcing walls.
Filling water buckets.
He usually does whatever Scott wants him to.
Jane got soaked in her pajamas.
She takes after Jonah.
She was not happy, so I put her in her dry clothes.
Which she promptly soaked as well, but was fine with it.
Maybe because they're regular clothes and not pajamas?
Literally sitting in a puddle they made. After screaming to take her wet clothes off a few minutes before.
Toddlers baffle me.
It was a refreshing time at the beach, as always.
 Exhausting and expensive getting the van cleaned, but still refreshing to get out and have some fresh air and sunshine for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment