Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2019

San Diego Day 4

On our last full day in San Diego, the plan was to get a good fill of beach and go to the temple. I have lots of pictures with a little Karen and Alan in them at a distance, but I should have gotten some better group shots where you can actually see everyone. We loved having quality time with them and they are great about going along with my plans and at the boys' pace. They also appreciate food as much as we do, which is a perk on our vacations.
We picked Coronado beach because reviews said the waves were low, lots of clean sand to play in, and restrooms. All good things for little kids. It was a beautiful, clear day.
Perry got soaked immediately, as per usual, but it wasn't as cold as at home.
Jonah the bird being fed grapes since his hands were coated in wet sand. I was having ligament pain from being on my feet so much the day before, so I just sat in our cabana the entire time and watched the kids play.
My phone lens didn't focus properly and I couldn't tell since I had sunglasses on, so I got an ethereal Perry.
They took turns being buried.
Scott was so still I thought he'd fallen asleep. They snacked most of the time we were there, so we didn't have an official lunch.
Then Karen and Alan went through the temple while we cleaned everyone up at the hotel. We met them there and went through while they took the boys to dinner with one of their friends.
We forgot to get pictures so I had John stop on our drive home the next day because I really wanted a family picture in front of the beautiful temple.
Sweet Perry likes to turn selfies together into kissing shots.
We had a great time on this trip. Fun activities, a good balance of busy and relaxed, great food, and nice to spend so much time with John's parents since they moved.
Karen and I also slipped out to go baby clothes shopping the night before and the mall down there was amazing. I should've scheduled an extra day just for that because it's much more fun without kids and with someone who loves little dresses as much as I do.
The drive home was long and the two little kids napped, so they didn't go to bed well when we got home. It was worth it, though. We all enjoyed our trip and spending quality time together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment