Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2019

March

Perry got some slime from the dentist (a reward for being good while I was getting a crown glued back on). It took a lot of peanut butter and washing to get it all out. He was very patient, though, and hopefully he won't want to repeat the experience.
When we race he says, "ready set go!...ready set stop!"
Pajama day in Kindergarten for Dr. Seuss's birthday.
Scott's penguin from Grandma and Grandpa came in the mail and he matched him with his pjs.
Jonah asked, "When I was born were you and Daddy (gulp) muggles?" He was heartbroken, but we talked about Hermione being the brightest witch of her age and she was muggle-born, so there's still hope. He cheered up by the time we got to school.
On the walk home, Perry likes to take a picture on the rock to send to Daddy.
He asked for a picnic after swimming at the ymca like he saw other kids doing the previous week. He picked a granola bar to take and was thankfully satisfied with that.
Walking to school in the rain. They all love using umbrellas.
I mentioned to Perry that we were having tacos for dinner and came into the kitchen to find this. He took a can of beans from the cupboard, got out the can opener, and climbed on the counter to get started.
He also supervised the tortilla frying and had a few bites of one while he waited.
Perry is obsessed with these Mickey shorts. We actually all find them entertaining.
I found this picture on my phone. I'm assuming Perry was the photographer.
He picked out a bouncy ball at the mall, then needed one for Scott and Jonah and his friend Maxy.
We met our friends at the Discovery Museum. Perry is the perfect age for it and we both loved spending several hours at his pace and his direction. If I were feeling more up to going out, I'd get him a membership. Maybe after the baby comes and the big boys are back in school.
Bubbles were a big hit, of course.
Playing a kids Disney Pictionary game as a family. 
Perry's picture was easy to guess since he did Mickey every time, regardless of what the card said.
He brought two eggs into our room one Sunday morning and asked for his "Daddy waffles." Any time he sees sourdough starter on the counter, he gets excited. Sometimes he'll bring the waffle iron in, but the eggs were a new one. He knows the recipe and apparently how to get eggs out of the fridge.
Scott and Jonah took pictures for baseball.
Jonah's one of the littler guys this year and is so cute in his big (xs) pants.
Perry needed a bench picture as well.
And wanted one with everybody in it. I love his head tilt and how accommodating his brothers are to his whims.
I blew my hair dry so I could cut off 10 inches.
Scott took a picture for me to show how long it was in back.
After donating it one night, I had a devacut the next day. She took a lot more off to get it styled properly.
It's a lot shorter than I expected, but I love how easy it is now. I already have to convince myself to shower, I wasn't bothering styling my hair most of the time. I've had vertigo and couldn't even tilt my head back to rinse it or forward to put in product, so it was just inconvenient all around. Now I just go with it. Hopefully it'll be a little longer by the time we have pictures in July, but it's also very freeing to not really care any more.
Playing a game they made up and all love, but usually ends in tears.
I got a bigger puzzle from Buy Nothing because Perry was bored with his little ones. He needed some guidance, but he loved it.
Jonah's leprechaun trap. I was proud of him for his creativity and resourcefulness. He designed it himself and made it himself.
There's a shoe contraption with tape and pennies to bribe the leprechaun. The other traps at school were really amazing, but used a lot of store-bought materials and definitely parental help. Jonah was pleased with his even after seeing the other ones, but then kids made fun of it and he wouldn't present it to the class. He's learning a lot at school this year besides the curriculum. 
We took advantage of the sunny day and played away our problems at the park.
Scott got a stomp rocket for his birthday and they were all dying to try it.
They got really into it and made a new friend. I sat and watched them take turns over and over until it was time for dinner. A huge hit and just what we needed.
One of Perry's favorite things is Chick-fil-a because he can have ketchup and play in the play structure. I love being able to sit and watch him and not make us lunch. Win-win.
Tacos for dinner (again, all four boys love them) and Perry was about to eat his, then loudly said, "wait, wait, wait!........me forgot yogurt!" He fixed the problem and recommenced.
The big rock! He usually holds my hand on this one, so we had to take a picture quickly.
Free Italian ice at Rita's for the first day of spring. We usually share things like treats because it saves money and is plenty for everyone, but it's also nice sometimes when they can pick their own flavors and be in charge of their own. I did appreciate that the free cups were smaller so it wasn't an enormous amount for little kids. 
Playing at Nora's house and the two of them were adorable together. Usually there are older siblings around making things fun but more chaotic, but they played together so well on their own.
Scott learned how to tie a knot and has been wearing his jacket around his waist whenever he takes it off. This time he went a little more avant garde.
The best way to make instant friends is with bubbles. This mom couldn't believe the boys were all brothers and the other mom said she was amazed I took them all out at once (really?) and then Scott said, "and we have a baby sister coming in July!" 
We got air conditioning! I've never had a/c in California and I couldn't be more excited. We also had the new furnace installed in the attic so it's quieter and freed up this closet. The only storage we have in the house is in this hall, so now we've doubled the space. It was the most expensive house project yet, but also the easiest. We just did some research, got bids, and wrote a check.
Now we're ready for summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment