Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Legoland

We tried out Legoland for the first time. The boys were great ages for it and we had grandparents to help on rides that needed adults.
The line for this ride had a Duplo building section, which was a great entertainer. It wasn't very crowded for a spring break week, but some of the lines moved slowly.
They could've spent the whole day building boats and racing them.
It was a warm day, but the park was reasonably shaded and lots of indoor areas with air conditioning. Overall well-designed and efficient, which I appreciate in a family amusement park.
An entire Star Wars section full of Lego characters and scenes from each movie.
Some of the characters were really impressive.
Checking out some Star Wars creations.
Another great park feature was smaller kid play areas in each of the sections. So while Perry was too short for lots of rides, he and I weren't just killing time while everyone else rode them. He felt like he was getting to do something fun, too. 
And lots of benches for me to sit, since I didn't do much on this trip except take pictures and keep everyone sunscreened and hydrated.
Even rides that would be safe for me, like the carousel, make me dizzy, so John documented for me.
I was also impressed by the food options. We had ramen and rice bowls for lunch that were good quality, portions, and price. I like having something healthier than fried foods or kids meals like hot dogs and mac and cheese. 
Of course the boys needed to get sorted.
And Perry wanted in on the picture taking. The store was enormous and had lots of sets not in the regular stores. Jonah picked several out for his birthday wish list.
We were there from opening to closing, which was only 7 hours. We were tired, but definitely could've done more there. We squeezed in a couple turns on the Ninjago ride as they closed which was a highlight for everyone, especially John who almost got a high score for the day.
We had free kids tickets from the Lego catalog, so the price was great for our family compared to Disneyland. I wouldn't go without children, but we'd go back as a family in the future, possibly with a second day and do the water park if it's hot out. I went in with low expectations and overall I was impressed and the kids had a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment