Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Ice Skating in Salt Lake

One of my college roommates recommended the Gallivan Center to me and when searching for more information, I came across a groupon. I wasn't sure how the boys would do, but it was much cheaper than San Jose I figured it was worth a shot.
They were excited to try and looked adorable in their tiny skates.
Scott walked around the outside of the rink while holding onto me and the railing.
I was surprised by how well they could both walk on regular ground while balancing in the skates.
The second lap around I tried taking Scott away from the railing. He showed some improvement, but I was pretty tired from supporting him and myself. I haven't been skating in years.
Jonah was easier because he's lighter, but was also 100% dependent on me.
We swapped and John took them each for a lap.
Jonah was done and entertained himself while John took Scott a little more.
Little Perry was happy exploring.
By the 3rd and 4th time around, Scott was getting the hang of it. He just held John's hand and was moving at a more reasonable pace.
Watching all the action.
Cutest little skater.
Getting speedy
and braver!
Once we stopped moving it was cold out. John loaded the kids in the car while I bought hot chocolate and we headed to the cabin in Heber City.
We all enjoyed the outing. I love seeing my kids try new things. We're hoping to take Scott again some time so he can keep improving.

1 comment:

  1. In the olden days, kids skates had two blades for extra stability. Maybe they just make the a little wider now. Nevertheless, Scott and Jonah have good balance.

    ReplyDelete