Pages

Friday, February 6, 2015

Jonah's 1st Haircut

We've loved Jonah's curly hair, but it was getting pretty scraggly. He was mistakenly called a girl pretty regularly, which I never minded, but I assumed was from his long hair.
The back fluffed up from sleeping on it and he had a constant bedhead look going on.
We took him to the salon down the street to get a trim. I had Scott go first so Jonah could see what to expect. He was watching the news.
I've been cutting Scott's hair, but just kept up the previous cut, so I thought having it reshaped would be good. He sat perfectly still just like last time.
Jonah was a little apprehensive, but didn't move much.
I asked the woman to clean it up. I saved the first little curl and tried not to be sad.
Jonah earned his first lollipop and came home a big boy.
I know it looks much tidier, but I really miss the sweet baby curls.
The back still gets fluffy, just not as out of control. He still gets called a girl pretty regularly, so I guess he's just a beautiful baby.
Scott's haircut I was not in love with. It was executed well, I just didn't like the style. I'm glad I had it cut, though, because it reassured me that I want to cut it myself in the future. Once it grows out I'll fix it. 
My mom said the difference between a bad haircut and a good one is a few weeks and at the rate these boys grow I'm sure we'll be back to scraggly in no time.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness he looks so grown up! That first haircut ages them like 3 months. What handsome boys! I will miss those curls, though.

    ReplyDelete