Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2015

January I

Rick "helping" Scott do his new puzzle. He just wants someone to sit and watch, occasionally pass a piece, but don't even think about putting anything together or he'll undo it.
 I just tell Scott he can do it by himself, but Rick obliged. He was spoiled rotten.

This gem is from the Santa Clara-BYU basketball game on New Year's Day. We bought tickets for John's parents, Joseph and my dad and met David Rogers and his kids there, so it was a big group.
 Amanda and Jonah chilling while I took Scott potty at Nordstrom's.
 I packed up our Christmas decorations. I was determined to whittle our boxes down this year and still ended up with 7--3 ornaments, 1 lights, 1 nativity and 2 misc. Plus, we have a tree and wreath in the shed. Does anyone else have this much??
 Jonah heard/saw a helicopter at the park.
 Jonah wanted me to read these Star Wars books again and I had Scott do it instead. He actually knew all the words and Jonah sat and listened. Win-win-win.
 Scott mastered his new Planes puzzles in no time. He asks for "Dusty and Skipper and Chupacabra" every day.
 Scott also likes to pull Jonah's wagon to the park. Other than the occasional off-roading, he does a good job and Jonah likes it.
Jonah loves chapstick. Unfortunately, he likes to eat it. I let him use/chew on this eos one when it ran too low for me to use. It's his favorite thing these days.
Just having a long-distance spoon fight/giving me angina.
Scott fell asleep on the drive home late one afternoon and I let him sleep while I made dinner because I knew he'd be clingy when he woke up and I was trying to cook. All through dinner he wanted to be held, which meant Jonah wanted to be held.
Luckily, John is skilled at eating with kids on his lap. I don't care for it once they're big enough to move. Or touch your food.
Scott was breezing through his Planes puzzles, but I suspected they were easy for him because he did them so regularly. Our neighbor gave us some 50-piece ones to try and Scott did all three of them by himself in one sitting. So there goes that theory. He calls them his "Superman, Vengers and Injun Monkeys" puzzles.
I burritoed Scott and Jonah ran to get his blanket, too. I love when they're immobile and happy.
I started watching a friend's kids once a week. It's been fun having a little baby around again.
Jonah loves the baby, but gets so jealous. He took the bib that was left behind and wanted it on while he sat in the rocker (which, incidentally, he refused as a baby).
Jonah wants to be a baby and a big kid. He's figuring out new things all the time--he stacks blocks, does puzzles and can make Duplo towers. I'm pretty sure having Scott to mimic has accelerated his skills.
Scott does his train puzzles on the laundry corner tile, the little animal ones on the toy bookcase, the Frozen one on the car rug, all the others on the play table, then asks for more. He's insatiable.
After he ran out of puzzles, we spent the morning working on Duplo creations. Scott calls everything a castle (with people in it) or garage (with his cars).
And 30 seconds later we started over.
It's been nice after some busy weeks to have some chill time at home together.

3 comments:

  1. Love seeing the boys in their blankets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, love the peak at your interior doors. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm super impressed at Scott's puzzle skills! I know John was doing puzzles really early too, so it must be genetic. Also, I'm impressed at John's eating-while-holding-two-babies skills. Such a talented family. :-P

    ReplyDelete