Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Karen's Birthday

Alan was going to take Karen out for her birthday dinner, but she wanted to eat at home with her family instead. My guess is she's been gone too much lately and missed these chubby cheeks.
So Alan made a delicious dinner and we celebrated with her.
John and I gave her a giant pack of U-No bars. They should last her a couple road trips.
Scott gave her his name charm for her grandkid necklace.
My mom gave her a mortar and pestle with some avocados for making guacamole.
Alan gave her a baby ipod for her long runs and drives.
We had boysenberry pie from Gizdich Ranch for dessert (where Scott and I strawberry picked).
Then on Saturday Katie's family came down for the official family dinner.
And we celebrated all over again, only this time with burnt almond cake from Dick's Bakery.
We hope you had a happy birthday Karen!

2 comments:

  1. Boysenberry pie AND burnt almond cake? She was definitely spoiled for her birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My birthday was perfect, and I'm so happy that my family helped me celebrate. I love those UNO bars. I've been portioning them out so I don't run out too quickly.

    ReplyDelete