Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

John's Birthday

John opened a present from my aunt first thing in the morning. Movie candy and tickets!
Then he spent some time with his favorite boy.
And ate an extremely nutritious breakfast I made for him. (I used Julie's suggested recipe for buttermilk biscuits here and added homemade lemon curd and strawberry freezer jam. They were as delicious as promised and very filling.)
After work we met Brian, Mark, Karen, Alan, Joseph, Sheri, McKay, Dallin, Connor and my mom at Giorgio's.
John has been excited to try this cioppino for months. It did not disappoint.
We came back home for carrot cake cupcakes and ice cream.
Dallin liked the candle.
And the bath toys Scott gave John for tubby time.
His parents gave him a new pair of jeans, my mom gave him a baby carrier for hiking and I bought him a ticket to SCUBA dive with Mickey and the dolphins at EPCOT. 
Sheri and McKay gave him a Minute to Win It video game that they all tried out.
Scott spent the evening being held by his grandmothers.
We had a great day celebrating John with our favorites: family, food, and fun!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday John! It looks like you guys had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for John's birthday! I'm jealous of that dinner you guys had. Feel free to mail me any leftovers next time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those biscuits look nice and fluffy. I'll have to try that recipe next time. The Cioppino looked really yummy too.

    ReplyDelete