Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Crescent Creations

 I used my couponing skills and bought some crescent rolls for a dollar at Safeway. I've been experimenting ever since.
This one is very tasty, but should really be an appetizer and not an entire meal. I just rolled cooked bacon and cheddar cheese in the middle and baked them in the toaster oven.
 This is John's seal of approval.
Next I tried chicken pot pie. Just squish some together at the bottom of a pan and bake them a few minutes. Add filling (I used flour, milk, bouillon, cooked chicken and frozen vegetables). 
Roll out a couple triangles into a square to put on top and bake.
 Mine was soupy, so less milk next time. Perhaps I should start measuring. Or using a recipe.
John didn't mind, of course. He's easy to please.

3 comments:

  1. Chicken Pot Pie with crescent rolls... That's a great idea! I'm going to have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good idea. I have a really good recipe for chicken pot pie some where. I think I need to break that out again.

    ReplyDelete