Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Cake Cookies and Pesto Pizza

This recipe is being posted at the request of my sister. It is perfect for lazy people. Like the kind who eat cereal for 2+ meals per day when her husband is out of town.
 Pick a cake mix, add 1/3 cup vegetable oil and 2 eggs. That's it! Just scoop and bake like regular cookies. I think mine take 14 minutes at 350 degrees.
John likes the devil's food mix. They taste brownie-like. To be honest? I don't love these cookies.
But with enough cream cheese frosting on top, I don't really care what I'm eating.
(Half batch of frosting: 1/2 stick cream cheese, 1/2 stick butter, 
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla)
To prove I'm not lazy when John doesn't desert me for Idaho, I made these pesto chicken pizzas for dinner. Just add pesto, cheese, and cooked chicken to English muffins. Come to think of it, they're really easy to make, too. So maybe I'm just as lazy when he's in town as not.

4 comments:

  1. The cookies are definitely more delicious with cream cheese frosting. But then, what isn't more delicious with cream cheese frosting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using English muffins to make pizza. I also like the idea of using pesto. I haven't really tried pesto in the past, but recently I have tasted some very delicious things with pesto on them. Perhaps I should be braver about branching out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pesto sauce on a pizza is a great idea! I'm going to have to experiment...

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm cake cookiesssssssss :))

    ReplyDelete