Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

SF Jaunt

Annie needed a ride to SFO for her trip to Paris, so Karen brought me along to continue up 101 and play in the city for a bit.
Karen looking out toward Alcatraz
It was such a clear day for San Francisco! So sunny and a little windy.
We drove across the bridge
and down to a fort. I said that's a lovely view and Karen immediately stopped, agreed and reversed the car about 10 yards so I could take the picture. (Illegal maneuver #4 for the day. And counting.)
Then back toward the Presidio to Baker Beach. (Which I think included a few creative U-turns and running a hot pink light.)
The beach warnings are very direct. Unfortunately, there was no warning for nudity.
Karen "plopping" rocks. Kind of like skipping them, but instead of a skip, they sink.
We had a fun time "jaunting" and "soaking in the rays" as Karen called it.
I called it "avoiding the 12-page Hemingway paper that's due this weekend."
Either way we were enjoying ourselves and determined to have as much fun as possible. This included a trip to the Squat & Gobble, a crepery my friend Ashley introduced me to last year.
Zorba the Greek and Chicken Pesto crepes with parsley fries and rosemary garlic potatoes. Topped off with one almond and one raspberry Italian soda.
Even though we were full to the brim, I had to give Karen the Ghirardelli Square tour. She's flipping out her beach hair here.
Their hot fudge sundae was the cherry on top of our trip.
Karen is so spontaneous, adventurous and hilarious. I loved exploring the city with her today!

4 comments:

  1. What a fun day! I can't wait till I live there and I can just take a day trip to SF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. San Francisco looks so sunny and beautiful. I'm glad you guys had a fun adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds a lot more fun than spending 12 hours at work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really when it comes to driving, its all a matter of semantics. Are they 'illegal driving maneuvers, or, are they just 'creative driving maneuvers'? Our "jaunt" to San Francisco was a day well-spent. I had the most amazingly wonderful time. I'm pretty sure I enjoyed the food at least as much as the scenery--especially the hot fudge sundae from Ghirardelli's.

    ReplyDelete