Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Manda Panda

I invited Karen to dinner and a show. Okay, it was lunch.
I made waffles!
Then Karen and I went to see Amanda's final project for her choreography class.
John and I went to her other performance on Saturday, but it was more formal (tickets, costumes, lighting, etc) so we didn't take pictures.
Her assignment was something about the essence of a wild animal. She chose Panda, of course, and did an amazing job.
She danced beautifully and you could see the animal side as well. Some of her classmates did only one or the other, but I thought her balance was perfect. See for yourself:
Their group assignment was a theme or anthem or quote danced out. Parts of it they taught to each other, so it has some duets and some solos going on at once. Amanda starts in the back left and does a cool jump move right at the start of the video.
She is so fluid and entertaining and talented. I could watch her dance all day.

4 comments:

  1. That actually is pretty cool. She is a very good dancer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :p youre much too kind. thanks again for coming, and those cookies were BOMB

    ReplyDelete
  3. A thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. Amanda did a great job with her performance. I may be partial, but I thought her performance was the very best.

    Any time you feel like making waffles, give me a call.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those waffles look sooooo good! We should cook breakfast together sometime. Also your sister is rad.

    ReplyDelete