Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

We didn't have any plans for Mother's Day, but John's parents invited us over for dinner. In retrospect, we should have had them over to our house, but crab is one offer we can't refuse.
You know it's going to be a good dinner when the table is set with individual butter dishes.
Artichokes, crab, Italian country bread, gnocchi, and Karen on the phone.
The compost was so colorful.
We took pictures together with the rose bush and lemon tree. Karen was not to be found. With six children calling, Mother's Day is a busy time. (We talked to Joseph yesterday because of the time difference)
Alan tied Rocky to protect my white dress. John gave him some love to compensate.
Then Karen gave me an extra long skirt, even though I'm not her mother, because of my new calling.
Nursery! My knee-length skirts and dresses were no match for crawling around with these guys. (My teaching companion in back is wearing pants. You do what you have to.)
This adorable trouble maker was hiding in the cupboard.
I seriously love it in there. Sweet little kids to play with, Goldfish, singing time, bubbles, no meetings. It's the best.

6 comments:

  1. I *LOVE* substituting in nursery! Play with kids and toys instead of going to class? Count me in! It's pretty much the only way to guarantee that I'll stay awake in church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ricky and I have been doing Nursery for 9 months now and we love it! We're completely out of the announcement loop and we don't know anyone who doesn't have a three-year-old, but we love the kids and the Goldfish. (Except on Fast Sunday when the Goldfish become pretty painful to dish out.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum! That dinner looks amazing. I might have to make some crab sometime soon. That is a cute picture in the backyard too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dinner was really good. Thanks for joining us for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sweater your wearing in these pictures. It's a very happy color. Good idea to get a longer skirt. Most of mine are knee length and it is a challenge sometimes chasing after nursery kids in them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was truly a happy Mother's Day--except for the part where I ate too much!

    ReplyDelete