Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Finishing Touches

Once the floor was set, we had a few things to work on in our bedroom before moving back in. And by we I mean John.
New outlets, including a 3-prong one.
Baseboards.
And patching this crack. Which meant cleaning off old repairs, sanding,
patching, taping, puttying, drying and sanding some more.
Then cleaning the walls and floor again. So much dust.
I did actually help with painting while John was at work during the day, but John did the trim. I am not a fan of taping and John has apparently inherited his father's steady painting hand.
While he was house-projecting at night I mostly just did schoolwork. And made the music playlist--the value of which is not to be underestimated.
All done! After many hours working on the floor, we covered up the majority of it with an 8x10 rug.
The ceiling looks great, though!
And once John adds baseboards to the closet it will be our first finished room.
(And maybe some curtains that block the sun better. And closet doors or curtains. And new entry doors. Baby steps.) For now we're excited to move back in!

2 comments:

  1. Your man has skills with no end! Your house looks great, I love the color in this room! I love seeing you and John and the things you do! I mostly totally LOVE that you are so HAPPY!!!!!!!!!! Miss you woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was especially impressed with the great job you did fixing the crack in the ceiling. Your house looks so cute with all the work you've done.
    PS I love the color of the walls in your bedroom.

    ReplyDelete