Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

DC Trip

My friend Katie got married in DC, so John and I went back for the reception and so he could meet the rest of my family.
We got in super late Friday and were very hungry. We found an open Friday's and ate in the hotel before crashing.
The next day we went to the reception at the Mount Vernon Inn. John hadn't been there before, so we took a look around the grounds. It's so beautiful there, even in the winter.
Katie and I were in orchestra together and the four of us (with "Katie One" and Angela) were roommates in Oxford summer of 2008. Here we are reunited.
Most of my friends that are still at SVU came for the wedding, too, so they met John. (Kayla, Summer, Lauren)
The reception was amazing, especially the food. This dress may start to look familiar. It was my matron of honor dress from Britta's wedding, and I wore it again to Tricia and now Katie's reception. Just trying to get my money's worth. John's in his wedding suit, looking handsome as always.

3 comments:

  1. I love getting my moneys worth out of stuff. It's a pretty dress. And I think it's funny that you knew more than one Katie and you called them Katie One and I'm assuming Katie Two. I once had two other roommates named Katie. We had to get creative with nicknames, but sometimes we just resorted to Katie One, Two, and Three.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both look so cute in all your pictures. What a fun trip this must have been. I still enjoy getting together with my old roommates--even 30 plus years later. I'm pretty jealous that you got to go to Oxford. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mount Vernon is a pretty place in the summer. I'm sure it is still pretty during the winter. And I really like your dress. It looks very sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete