Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

SIP Week 25: Aug 30- Sept 5

Another week of fires made us get a little stir crazy.
We don't want to complain when people are losing their homes or even lives, but it can be hard to be stuck inside for weeks on end, especially on top of regular covid restrictions.
I had the boys take over their laundry folding and Jonah really took to it. Even his little underwear are folded up in place.
Our neighbor gave us a Spiderman costume that fit Jonah, so now we have matching Spidermen.
It was a hot day, but he kept that costume on all afternoon.
Jane cautiously observes the Roomba.
Reading a baby book with her baby pigtail.
She loves when John reads to her.
Perry tried out a sensory kit for preschool one day. He was not as into it as I thought, but he did like the playdoh.
Trying to interrupt Jonah's class.
His headphones stopped working on the second day using them, so Jane got a new toy.
Perry loves this high fiber cereal. He's such an old man sometimes. 
Scott hard at work.
Granger hair, don't care
She practiced her wand work.
Getting a head start on her lessons, like a true Hermione.
Perry and I play a game together most days. I just consider it part of preschool and he is much happier after getting some of my attention each day. We try to do it while Jane naps, but sometimes she joins us.
Our game and puzzle cupboard has gotten a little out of hand. Once we can pass along the toddler shelf, that will help. Some.
Speaking of toddlers. She is obsessed with the sink. John hates it, but I'm just pleased she's moved on from the toilet. 
She does not like being removed from her play. Or told no to anything, even in a soft and kind tone.
She loves closing the blinds.
On an asynchronous Wednesday, I took Scott to the Recycle bookshop. It was his first time in a store since March, but thankfully it was empty in the new kids room so we could take our time. He was upset about finishing the Percy Jackson series that Jonah got for his birthday and the guy helped him pick out a whole stack of books to try next. 
Perry came to help me get the groceries and was so excited about Cap'n Crunch. He worked really hard to ask for it, with the hard Cs, and I had to reward his efforts. 
Crashed on the floor.
She gets it from her dad. Although he gets his tiredness from her.
Much to John's dismay, Jane found a Giants hat.
She wanted to play, not sleep.
We got there eventually. 
Jane still loooooves food pouches.
His makeshift school set-up.
Perry's workbook time. 
Jonah still sleeps all over the place. And he's very heavy to get into bed now.
Perry loves coming to feed the neighbor's kitties with me. He uses the toy to get them to come out from under the bed and play.
They left us some big boxes and we created some airplanes.
Jonah made a jet.
Jane loves when the boys go to bed and she can have them to herself.
Scott discovered he can reach the ceiling when he stands on the back of the couch.
I love her little snuggled up self. I just want to scoop her back up.
Perry was drawing letters on my back for me to guess the word. He drew n-o-j and I asked noj? He said no, fire, and showed me this sight word card. I blame the bad font.
So many kids in one distance learning room.
She's ready for a walk. 
I went to tuck Perry in and he was in the rocking chair.
Our neighbor was moving and I posted some boxes for her of things to give away. But not before taking this awesome disco light for myself. Our family dance parties have been elevated to a whole new level.
Perry doing some letter work. 
This little bike was another prize in the boxes. Jane loves pushing it around, but not so much riding it.
She found some spilled crackers under the table. Better than a dog because she doesn't even shed.
She does require lots of reading. Luckily she has lots of people around willing to do it.
Why is she so cute when she's crying?
We watched Paige's baptism online.
Jane in Jedi training.
I guess in case Hogwarts doesn't work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment