Pages

Monday, December 31, 2018

October

Karen brought Jonah and Perry penguin shirts from their cruise and they love them.
Playing in our friends' leaves.
When I take Perry to the library for story time, we usually end up on the kid computer afterward.
Silly boy ready to go for a jog.
Perry likes taking his blood pressure with me every morning and mimics me closing my eyes and holding my breath. It looks like he's in pain, but it doesn't even inflate on his tiny arm, he just can't keep his eyes closed without scrunching up his face.
A little fall snack. Perry and I made pumpkin muffins and they had one with some apples and gouda after school.
Kindergarten did a letter a day for the first 26 days of school, complete with a crown for every single one. Eventually I had Jonah take pictures with his favorites so we could reclaim their dresser.
Reading with Jonah's friend after school while we wait for Scott to get out.
Perry taking the pooping kitty for a walk.
He slept through school drop-off and most of my jog after, which meant I could go a little further before he got antsy.
Got his stickers and lollipop from Trader Joe's and he's ready to go to Costco in style.
I sit and read books at the library until one by one they're all lured to the computer.
We got a states game that we can all play together (except really Perry). Scott knows the geography and can read, so he and Jonah can play without us, too.
Another library visit, another movie stash picked out. Perry likes to take anything with Mickey on it. Then while he goes over to the books I put most of them back.
Jonah sharing his lunch after school. He seldom has anything left over unless they run short on time, but he's always so generous with Perry.
Sleeping on the way to school with his little hand posed all sweetly.
I was waiting at the doctor's office and gave Perry a fortune cookie I had in my purse. He bit right into it and was confused about the paper inside.
So much Disney on the way to school.
I heard music and came in to find Perry had climbed up to get the ipad, opened it to the skit video and was watching "Daddy dancing."
Scott's school gave out three awards to first graders and his teacher chose him as the student that embodied respect.
My friend Katie from college was presenting at a conference at the Anaheim convention center, so naturally I drove down to go to Disneyland with her while she played hooky one of the days. I enjoyed the second day, where I was alone at her hotel all day, almost as much. Less Space Mountain and Dole whips, but swimming, napping, reading uninterrupted...it was delightful.
Perry's little friend had surgery one day, so we watched his siblings.
Perry was in heaven. He loves Laney so much. Her older brother would've preferred to have Scott and Jonah there, but he did enjoy having their toys all to himself.
"Me need to feed mine baby, then mine baby go nigh nights."
Sleeping in means oatmeal on the go. We get to school so much faster with them in the stroller.
At least when Perry helps me cook, he also helps me clean up.
Fondue night! Jonah prayed that night for every specific food we had. "Thank you we had cheese and potatoes and apples and broccoli and..."
Walking to school together.
Jonah's kindergarten shirt came in. It's even bigger on him than Scott's was. He wears this every Thursday for PE and he'll use it on their field trip in the spring.
Big news in October, we bought a Tesla!
I told John if we were ever going to get one, he should do it before the tax return expired at the end of the year, so we went for it. He also gets free charging at work and hov lane stickers for 4 years, so we're pretty excited.
It was crazy hair day at school.
Scott sported trees again this year.
Jonah took them out before school, then when he saw other kids had crazy hair he had me put them back in. When I picked him up, they were gone again. I think it was plenty crazy without the rubberbands, though.
Pizza after the primary program practice. Perry loves napkins. They do help cut down a bit on his stains.
Linger longer after church. Jonah picked this cookie for dessert because "blue stars are the hottest."
John sporting my swim goggles for some onion work.
Hot enough for too-small summer jammies, yet cold enough for knee-high slipper socks.
October is very back and forth on weather in San Jose, it's hard to know how to dress appropriately.

No comments:

Post a Comment