Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Santa Barbara

A company in the Santa Barbara area brought John down for an interview. Since there weren't direct flights, they paid the gas instead and I went with him.
Karen offered to watch the kids for us, but Jonah was up most of the night with a 103.5* fever. We put off leaving and thankfully it broke that afternoon and he woke up from his nap happy, so we left them.
We went out to eat and dinner was okay, but the dessert was amazing. And huge.
They put us up in a swanky hotel. I enjoyed some warmth by the fire while John checked us in, then we had some popcorn in the lobby.
We ate at the hotel for breakfast the next morning, which was also delicious.
Then I dropped John off for a busy, stressful day interviewing and I enjoyed the hotel. 
The courtyard had a pool, mini golf and fire pits. I wish we'd taken them up on their 2nd night offer and been able to spend more time there.
I watched a movie while working on some things on my computer (I took a picture because she showed her love for the guy by bringing him Shake Shack, which reminded me of John) and went Christmas shopping (where I saw a SBPD car and thought of Psych).

I picked up lunch for myself and was getting our babysitter a thank you present when John called ready to be picked up. My day of freedom went by way too quickly.
We drove into Solvang and tried a few of the recommended treats we'd read about--ice cream soda, fudge, a pretzel. 
We weren't gone long, but it was a nice break. I encouraged John to get interviews/company sponsored trips for us more often.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you should get a job as a travel/restaurant critic. I always want to have what you're having!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the free Shutterfly codes, I used them to get new address cards for my parents. Not all of them worked and I had some of them, but it was helpful. My parents don't even know about this yet, but I'm sure they would say thank you too!

    ReplyDelete