Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Mickey & Friends Halloween

Jonah decided early on that he wanted to be Mickey Mouse for Halloween, and since he's been obsessed with Mickey for a while I knew it'd stick. So I started collecting costume items and he started telling everyone we met who he was going to be.
Scott chose Minnie Mouse, but I told him I was going to be Minnie. He picked Donald instead and started practicing his quack.
They were complimented everywhere we went. Of course I think they're adorable, but I think people also liked seeing more classic costumes. You can't buy Donalds or Mickeys (trust me, I looked) for toddlers or kids. 
John and I borrowed a hat and ear headband so we could join the fun, too.
We used a lot of things we already had and I made the rest, so everything ended up costing under $20 for all 4 of us. Now I want to do a Disney race so I can use my Minnie skirt again.
 We went to our ward activity on Friday night and on Saturday went out to trick or treat at our friends' houses in the neighborhood. Jonah caught on quickly and was fun to watch because he was excited about everything. He'd say, "Wow! Fanks! Happy Hawoween!"
Unfortunately Jonah was feeling warm and started fading fast, so my mom and I took him home and passed out candy while John took Donald Duck around our block. They were both happy to see M&Ms in their buckets and they don't know what Reese's pumpkins are yet, so it was a successful holiday for all of us.

1 comment: