Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Party

The weekend after Jonah's birthday we had a party for him at the park.
We had bbq chicka chicka chicken sandwiches for lunch.

Amanda and my dad came early to save the picnic tables and help set up.
Amanda decorated the monthly pictures banner. I love seeing his teeny baby pictures.
Alphabet carrot cupcakes
I tried a new sugar cookie technique--glazing--and they turned out perfectly. I'm always a little surprised when new things work the way I'm hoping they will. John painted the little trees and J's for favors.
The birthday boy in his chair, ready to eat. I went to get disposable tablecloths at the dollar store and picked up this balloon for him. It turned out being one of his favorite parts.
One of our little guests
and her mama.
Summer trying to love on Jonah.
He just wanted to be on Dad's shoulders.
Brian and Annie stopped by to celebrate with us.
Annie and my mom
Naylors and Van Tassells
I put copies of the book on the tables and Scott roped Amanda into reading it to him.
Joseph choosing his cupcake.
Jonah asking for something. Most likely food.
Lunch time!
Anna loved the chips. I love Scott's face here.
Baby Dasha isn't allowed in the sun, but she broke the rules for a few minutes to come. Probably to show off her adorable party outfit.
Little Lou
Birthday buddies Jonah and Lulu were due one week apart on Sundays and born one week apart on Mondays.
Lulu's sunglasses were cracking me up.
The happy birthday boy. He was needing a nap, but the swings helped put it off.
Linc and Lou on the playground
Scott upset about something tragic. Also needing a nap.
Our guests left and we took a few pictures with our coconut tree before heading home.
Here's Jonah's spaced out face.
I was there, for the record.
They weren't very cooperative for pictures. Then they fell asleep on the way home (not even a half mile drive).
We spent the rest of the day recovering from all the fun.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute party! Sad we weren't there to see it and help celebrate.

    ReplyDelete