Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2013

October II

One night Wendy stayed with Jonah so I could take just Scott to John's game.
His teammates call Scott their little mascot. He loves the attention.
You can see a tiny John running to third.
Scott bugs the other kids who come to the games. This little guy was sweet and played with Scott on and off all night.
Scott helping me wash potatoes. 
We bought him a step stool when I had surgery because I couldn't lift him and he needs to be washed before and after meals three times a day. Now he can wash his own hands pretty well.
Asking to hold the baby.
I put Jonah's hat on him and Scott wanted a "hah" too, so I pulled this one out of the next size tub.
He kept it on all day and has been asking for hats ever since.
Stacking his pancakes.
He plays with his food a lot. The French parenting/food books disagree with allowing that, but he likes exploring and I like him being entertained while out of trouble. Some mornings he eats breakfast until it's almost time for lunch.
Melody brought little Louisa over to visit. She is such a beautiful baby. She was crying until her mom started singing and then she was all smiles. It's hard to believe she's a week older than Jonah, though. He is such a chunk!
He's starting to look more like Scott did as a baby. I think it's the chub.
And the big smiles.
Scott started giving little kisses with a kiss noise instead of blowing raspberries. He gives them to Jonah every chance he gets.
Jonah watching his big brother playing.
Scott was being crazy on his bed
and Jonah had his eyes glued on him.
Scott has been lining his things up. Pancakes in a stack, vehicles in a line, etc.
Everywhere he scoots them, they all have to go together. This was one of the autism red flags I learned about in my child development class, but I've since learned how many of those are typical and even healthy for developing toddlers.  
Jonah found a chew string.
We went out to dinner with Amanda and she came over after to play before bed.
She loves his "where is it?" gesture.
Note Scott's hat. He helped me load the washer and saw his plaid hat go in, so we had to pick a replacement. Silly boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment