Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

Big Brother

When my mom brought Scott to the hospital, he was sleepy and very upset with me for not being there when he woke up.
 He wouldn't look at me and cried when John brought him over to me.
 Then he took a nap.
 And when he woke up I bribed him with my green beans and peas.
 My mom stayed with me in the hospital for the night so John could take Scott home. They came back in the morning and Scott was so excited to see me this time.
 Family picture. John had to turn Scott's head away from Jonah. He's very interested in the baby, but not necessarily in a good way.
 Scott was also interested in the trash can, buttons on the bed, light switches and foot pedal for the sink.
Luckily we were discharged in the morning so we could go home and play with some real toys.
It was my first night away from Scott and I'm glad I only had to do it once.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! This post reminds me of when I brought home my second boy, very similar that I hadn't been away from #1 overnight before and my boys are just a little over 2 years apart. I had a really difficult time with two, #1 was still a baby in so many ways. But we made it through and I was recently scrapbooking photos from that time and was reminded that it is neat to have two brothers to play together as they get older. The good news is that by the time #3 came along two years later, the first two played together well and I could concentrate on baby. I thought that having 2 was more difficult than having 3. So if you can make it through #2 being a baby, this is the most difficult time in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad day two with Jonah was easier on Scott. Both boys are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your family picture. You look pretty amazing for a woman who just had a baby!!

    ReplyDelete