Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Gilroy Gardens

Sarah and Olivia are in town and today promised to be cool, so we bought some tickets at Costco and headed south.
 First stop was the strawberry ride.
 It was a hit.
 I put Scott on his first solo ride and was worried about him.
 He looked slightly concerned, but just held tight like he was in his coupe and seemed to enjoy it.
 So next he tried the firetruck.
 He held on and occasionally steered. His blank expression made me wonder if he liked it, but as soon as he climbed out he ran over to the next one.
 The race cars! I still can't believe he's big enough for this sort of thing. They'd actually let little Olivia on, too, but she didn't have any shoes. Kind of a ridiculous precaution if you ask me.
 Then they went on the hot air balloons. 
 Scott's favorite part of the day was definitely lunch. He saw the salad display and leaned forward, kicked, squealed and pointed with all his might.
 He opens his mouth as wide as he can for food. He'll just keep it open until you feed him more.
 We went on the train, had lunch, then went paddle boating.
 Those tiny life vests were too much.
 The kids had to sit in their own seat. It seemed really unsafe to me, which was strange after the shoes rule.
 Scott liked watching the pedals turn and being out by water. He sat in his seat and held my hand while I took us around.
 Lucky Sarah got the swan ride. Olivia was not stoked and Sarah held her for a while, which I actually think was safer anyway.
 The park also has gardens, shows and educational exhibits. This bug one was freaky. The spider moved and reminded me of Harry Potter II.
It was beautiful weather and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect way to spend the day. 

2 comments:

  1. FUN! Those rides look cute. I'll definitely have to check it out some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised they would let little kids on those rides alone. But it looks like Scott handled himself pretty well. He's getting so grown up.

    ReplyDelete