Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Grandma Olver

My Uncle Bill called Friday and let me know that my grandma had passed away peacefully that morning.
I'm so glad we were able to visit and she and Scott could meet.
I love when she calls him "Little Pumpkin."
Scott and I flew out Monday to be with family.
My grandparents have five grandkids and one great-grandson. The picture below is from their prom.
My brother, Ricky, came from Minnesota and it was fun visiting with him.
Tuesday we went to the memorial service at the church and the ward members served everyone lunch afterwards.
Scott had some finger.
Then Wendy gave him licks of carrot and celery.
We went home and ate leftover fried chicken and took naps. Scott reunited with his pal, Maya.
On Wednesday we drove down to Maryland and my brother gave a gravesite prayer.
It was hard to say goodbye and even harder to see my grandpa try. They've been married for 64 years. I can't even imagine how that would feel, but I'm grateful to know that we will see her again and they will be together forever.
We had a few peaceful moments as a family.
The flowers were beautiful.
Back at Julie's they had lunch for everyone and Scott did his best to cheer grandpa up. 
He snacked on his fingers.
Then we went back up to York.
We spent the next day together at my grandparents' house.
Scott scooted over to the diaper bag and found his rattle.
Bill entertained Scott while I packed up our bags.
He loved flying around the room with the Flash.
I was glad we were able to be there and happy to get back home to John.

3 comments:

  1. That's so nice that she was able to meet Scott before she passed. Scott sure is good at cheering people up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry! I'm sure your Grandma knew how much she was loved! She looked like she loved meeting Scott too! Love and hugs to you three!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for your loss ReBecky...hugs to you & the family. Hurray for the hope we have in God's plan of happiness! Families are forever...

    ReplyDelete