Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

Bubba dressed and ready for his day of lovin'.
I gave John some boysenberry syrup and he quickly rushed to make aebelskiver.
I made cherry pie and kept some aside for these little mini pies. Note the excited face.
John gave me a panini press, which I am in love with.
The favorite recipe so far is the one I found in the instruction book it came in: chicken, pesto, spinach, tomato, provolone. Shown here with barbecued eggplant, zucchini, and the lovely lilies John gave me.

7 comments:

  1. I want a panini press! That sounds sounds delicious. You sure made some good looking food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, John has GOT to STOP with that face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may sound silly especially if everyone else has heard of it but what is an abelskiver? It looks delicious but I've never had one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's basically a pancake puffball. It's a danish food. And they are oh so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want a panini press too. And I'd never heard of an abelskiver either. I think you need to post recipes. All your food looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard of ebelskivers. We used to make them in my high school home-ec class. I haven't had any for years--but I have an ebelskiver pan and I think John ought to make some for us at Sarah's wedding.

    BBQ'd eggplant sounds amazing too. And paninis and cherry pie. Yummmm!

    ReplyDelete