Pages

Friday, February 5, 2010

Our Bedroom

We finally painted the bedroom Thursday night. The color is called "slate" and it's from Restoration Hardware.
My sister, Amanda, helped me with the second coat. She borrowed John's "work jeans."
Here it is all finished.
We also bought a dresser and matching window bench from Ikea.
The closet doors were wood paneled and a pain to use, so the bottom ones are no longer and the top ones we painted.
Trying to show all the room's angles without presenting the disillusion that it's large.
We still need to paint the other door. We did the bathroom door and love it. The less wood paneling the better, I always say.
And the new white curtains open to a lovely front driveway.

4 comments:

  1. It's a good thing you have a sense for interior decorating Becky. If it was left to John I'm sure that wood paneling would have lived a long life. I absolutely love the greenishblue dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you doing for the closet? I would put up curtains in an awesome printed fabric. Oh, and I LOVE the wall color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Julie and Ashley, the room is way cute! I'm jealous of your decorating skills. Hours and hours of HGTV and I'm still hopeless. Oh, and your sister is brave to wear those work jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never would have thought to paint the bathroom door--but it looks super-good. Your bed looks so cute. I love the colors you have chosen. I especially love the wall color. Good job!

    ReplyDelete