Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Dream Come True

I've had a vacuum infatuation since childhood, and today my ultimate dream was realized. Some background:
1) Our "grass" in the front was getting out of control. It was getting so Bubba was playing "jungle cat," and people were dropping off "prevent foreclosure" workshop pamphlets. Then our neighbors, Jim and Jane, offered us their lawn mower because they have a gardener. We exchanged it for a cherry pie and saved ourselves a bundle.

2) We babysat for some of my old charges from high school and had some extra, non-budgeted money. (This is their daughter napping on Bubba's chair.)
3) We had each stepped on little glass shards one too many times. Our vacuum just didn't provide the suction we required.

We went to Target (for cherry filling) with full pockets and bandaged feet and found a great sale on Dysons. So we brought her home.

It was immediate love.

7 comments:

  1. OH, so funny. You'll have to let me know how the Dyson works. I was just thinking yesterday that sometime my seven-year-old trusty vacuum will in fact quit working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The DC14. Nice. :) I bet Bubba will love being "groomed" by it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny you should mention that...John's already tried and sucked his tail up. That poor cat.
    And Ashley the vacuum is AMAZING. It's so strong we have to use the hardwood setting on the rugs or else it tries to suck it up, too. I really just wanted the DC14 because it was yellow, but John also liked that the attachment extends (for all our vaulted ceilings:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got a new vacuum for Christmas and have LOVED the difference it makes. Some day we'll spring for a Dyson, though. Ryan is in love with them, in case you couldn't tell by him knowing the model number just by looking at it. Congratulations on the new addition to the family. :) What will you name her?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Vacuum. Right now we're using the old one that came with our apartment, but when we move I want to get a new one. Maybe I can talk Mckay into getting a Dyson...

    ReplyDelete
  6. sooo jealous of your Dyson. it is the vacuum I aspire to have. Maybe I can come over and vacuum your house once, just to see it? :)
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite thing about your vacuum is the color. How many people do you know that have a yellow vacuum?

    I have heard that Dyson's are wonderful. I almost bought one once. Maybe next time. I have never actually had a vacuum that I thought was worth recommending to anyone...

    ReplyDelete