Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Master Bathroom

John had President's Day off, so we spent all day Saturday and Monday working in this little room. Then finished up most of it the following Saturday.
A few before shots.
I will not miss hitting my head on that cabinet.
Nor will I be sad about the loss of the butterfly wallpaper.
John took out the toilet, sink, light fixture, cabinet, door framing in the shower, and hand grips (the towel rack-looking things).
We found some pink behind the cabinets. No room is complete without a little pink.
Stripping the wallpaper was miraculously easy. Like butter. The floor tiles compensated.
The section by the shower had water damage, so John took it all out and put in new wood and dry wall.
He took a little break to play with Bubba.
My Aunt Wendy gave us this little bottle of heaven called rustoleum. I painted it over the medicine cabinet's interior and it's good as new.
Laying the new floor. We were learning all kinds of new skills.
This is John realizing we can walk in the bathroom barefooted now.
Reinstalling the toilet. Also quite a task.
New light fixture, which really brightens the room.
Job well done. The vanity/sink combo is rounded, so there's more room to walk through now. Also the walls and ceiling are painted Behr's "Almond Cream."

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I installed a new toilet in my apartment in college. Why wasn't John there helping me? Actually, I think his roommate may have carried it up the stairs for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I'm uber impressed. That looks tons better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed to. Who knew you guys were so handy. The new floor is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are acquiring so many new skills! The new bathroom looks tons better and cleaner and brighter. Hooray for you! I'm starting to feel inspired to go and remodel something. Maybe I should start with Rocky's dog house...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are really getting good at this remodeling stuff. By the time I see that house again, I'm not even going to recognize it.

    ReplyDelete