Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Harry Potter Halloween 2019

Scott and Jonah wanted to be Fred and George Weasley and I was planning on making Jane a mandrake, so it was the perfect year for Harry Potter family costumes.
I added yarn letters to some sweaters and sprayed their hair orange and they were perfect jokester twins.
Perry Potter used the costume we got for Scott when he was Perry's age. So adorable.
John got a trench coat and wig/beard to be Hagrid and I wore some gardening accessories and ear muffs to be Professor Sprout.
My little baby mandrake, not even screaming. I made her a teeny hat and she wore brown clothes I saved from her brothers months ago in preparation.
John was a good sport with that itchy beard. He also decided he never wants long hair.
We had a fun night at the trunk or treat party at church. Perry figured out the candy situation immediately and went to town.
My little pumpkin.
With her little pumpkin.
All my pumpkins.
We went to the school party for the costume parade, but left early for trunk or treat and I felt badly that they missed the bounce houses that they all love. So on Halloween when we went around our neighborhood we stopped at the church down the street for their activities.
They had cotton candy and bounce house time and unlike school there were no lines and everything was free.
Jane enjoyed her first Halloween-- walking around, looking at everything until she fell asleep.
We came home to wash out some orange hair and brush some sugary teeth and get some happy, tired kids to bed.
In a stroke of genius, the school district scheduled a teacher prep day November 1, so we could recover from all the fun over the long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment